Montag, 19. Februar 2024

A new commander for my infantry

 Meanwhile I painted an Obristwachtmeister for my infantry. The idea was to have a commander for my Austrian infantry without red cuffs and lapels. 


In front of his troops. (photo: A. Hanselmann, 2024)

I decided to paint a commander with blue distinctions because 5 of 9 Austrian regiments in Gudenus drawings from 1734 had blue, 3 had red and 1 had white cuffs [1]. 

I'm not sure about the hairstyle. Maybe such long queues were not typical for the 1730s. (photo: A. Hanselmann, 2024)


It's a new experience to paint so many units from the same army with figures from 2 sets instead of my typical mix from different manufacturers. I painted some leather breeches to make the officers special and looking more individual.

Here a final view on my new infantry and their commander for Parma. (photo: André Hanselmann, 2024)



Text: André Hanselmann

Photos: André Hanselmann

Note:

1) Hans Bleckwenn: : "Reiter, Husaren und Grenadiere" Hardenberg Kommunikation, Dortmund, 1979, p. 30-31, 34


2 Kommentare:

  1. He is a beaut and will no doubt inspire the men. The unit looks grand too.
    Regards, James

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. They will try to win in April - report coming in June.

    AntwortenLöschen