Dienstag, 6. Februar 2024

Second unit of the project.

I finally managed to paint my second battalion of the project. The uniform of Walsegg regiment is typical for the Austrian army with red cuffs, red lapels and white turnbacks. As for all other units of the project I use Bleckwenn's book as a reference [1]. 

The uniforms of the drummers are really speculative. (photo: A. Hanselmann, 2024)


The owner of the regiment took part in the war of the Polish Succession in Italy. In October 1733 Otto Graf von Walsegg became Obristwachtmeister and in June 1734 Feldmarschall-Leutnant [2]. He commanded the decisive troops in the combat at Colorno on June 1, 1734 [3].

I tried to paint as much easy as possible. (photo: A. Hanselmann, 2024)


One battalion of the regiment 698 men strong served under FML Wuttgenau (1674-1736) [4] at the defense of Philippsburg [5]. 


I really much like the marching poses of both sets by HäT. (photo: A. Hanselmann, 2024)


I use my favorite flag from the reign of emperor Karl VI for my new unit, which was painted by David Morfitt [6].


Text: André Hanselmann

Photos: André Hanselmann


Notes:

1) Hans Bleckwenn: "Reiter, Husaren und Grenadiere" Hardenberg Kommunikation, Dortmund, 1979, p. 34

2) Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Österreich, Band 53, Wien, 1886 S. 8

3) More about the encounter in June here on the blog. It's obvious that he was promoted to the rank of FML on June 9th for his performance at Colorno.

4) Gottfried Ernst von Wuttgenau, GWM 1727, FML 1733

5) Raimund Gerba: "Feldzüge des Prinzen Eugen" Verlag des K. u. K. Kriegsarchivs, Wien, 1891, p. 212

6) Please look in his blog: Not By Appointment (nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Nice work! I did not realize that you base your figures individually.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I thought that it is a good idea when I started the WAS, because I wanted to play skirmish games too. But now I didn't changed because it's easier to paint. I glue them on a magnetic 2x2 base, paint them and then put it on a 4x4 magnetic base. 4 figures per base.

      Löschen