Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2024

Recalculations

When I opened the boxes I had to realize, that 4 out of 12 figures of the soldiers are grenadiers. But I have already more then enough of grenadier companies for most battles. On top of that I changed my plans slightly. Normaly I have 5 bases of fusiliers and 1 of grenadiers per bn. [1]. With some liberties mixing some of the grenadiers on the bases and using more NCOs than needed I maybe can get 5 bases per bn.. But time is running fast and I will have to coorganize at least one major event before the anniversary-tabletop battle. Therefore I decided to not paint 5 bases per unit but 4. 4 bases are not looking really good but provide more room to move around the units on the tabletop. Besides 4 bases are standard size for most of my games. But I suppose to later paint the other 4 bases in total.

4 bn.s of 4 bases each. (photo: André Hanselmann, 2024)

Next step will be to decide which units I will paint.

Text: André Hanselmann

Photo: André Hanselmann


Notes: 

1) look here for my Austrian army: https://wackershofenannodomini.blogspot.com/2020/04/die-osterreichische-armee-1744-austrian.html

2 Kommentare:

  1. I am curious about the uniform book shown in this post and last. What is it?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It's by Hans Bleckwenn. I will give you all details in the next post (coming soon). It's very cheap as many books from the 1970s but it has the tendency to fall apart easily.

      Löschen